Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Butterbeer and Blankets

As I pore over my well-loved, dog-eared copies of the Harry Potter series in search of the perfect senior quote, I am drawn to the idea of initiating my project with a sample of comfort food recipes. As I get all warm and fuzzy inside [despite the 90-degree heat today] dreaming of snuggling by the fire in the Gryffindor common room, with a warm butterbeer and a cozy blanket, I yearn for fall and for the lovely shepherd's pies my mom always makes to welcome fall.



Now, the natural transition from the mental image of the magical common room of my childhood is the college dorm room of my future, in which I fully expect to be performing a similar feat of inertia. However, the obvious lack of house-elves in the aforementioned vision makes me consider the idea of learning to conjure up my own comfort food, which is how this wonderful tangent sidles back in the general direction of this project.

So! Lovelies! Your quest awaits!

Suggest some autumn-inspired recipes for me to try when [if] this project is accepted, so we can celebrate fall in proper style. Until then, keep your fingers crossed, and enjoy this glorious season!

xo

1 comment:

  1. YOU SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE BUTTER BEER AND WE CAN HAVE A BLANKET DAY OF AWESOMENESS AND HARRY POTTER MOVIES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete